The men behind M & J Antique Auctions
- We are Mike Smith and Jason Valentine; we live and work in Eugene. Mike moved here 25 years ago to be closer to family and instantly fell in love with Oregon and settled here in Eugene. Jason was born in Eugene and continues to love the cultural diversity, the beautiful surroundings and activities Eugene has to offer.
- Mike’s been an antique dealer for over 23 years and a collector since the age of 10. His first collection consisted of Murano glass clowns and his passion now ranges from pressed steel toy, pre 1920's teddy bears, figural clocks and nineteenth century furniture.
- His love for antiques stems back to his childhood, when he would attend the local flea markets with his mother. He started restoring furniture in his teens starting with a 1930's desk for his room.
- Jason’s passion for art and antiques began in his early teens. He loved the elegant lines that Art Deco had to offer and started searching the local thrift stores for such items. Gradually his collections became more diverse ranging from nineteenth century European furniture, sterling silver vanity items, bronze statuary, Victorian clothing and walking canes.
- In January 2006 we opened M & J Antiques and Auctions, where we specialize in antique and estate liquidations through auctions and tag sales. We look forward to assisting you in selling that one special piece or your entire estate.